Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!


We weren't sure what to expect for our first Halloween in Shanghai. It was a little surprising to see the shops stock up on costumes and decorations in the weeks leading up to October 31 (and now some of them even have Christmas stuff out). Our friends were hosting a party at their house in Jin Qiao so we decided it would be fun to dress up and join them. Jin Qiao (pronounced Gin Chow) is an area on the outskirts of Shanghai where there are great International schools and villa communities. Many ex-pat families live in these villa communities which offer kids a nice place to run around and play. It is a great neighborhood for trick-or-treating since the houses are so close together and the traffic is limited to residents that are coming or going (so no crazy taxi drivers or mopeds).


I decided that it would be fun to make our costumes and headed to the fabric market last weekend to pick out all of the material I would need. Considering I put them together in less than a week with no pattern, I think they look pretty good! Rich even got a Yabba Dabba Do shout out while out trick or treating!

Meet the Flintstones

Daddy & Ang

Kyle (Luigi) and Ang (Pebbles) playing

Oops! No pictures of Wilma on my camera. I know somebody took a family photo of us so I will have to try to track it down and will post it later.

No comments: